The date, even in its short form, can vary across different countries. For example in the US, the short date format is (MM/DD/YYYY), as opposed to the English format of (DD/MM/YYYY), which is the default in Avvoka.
Users can use date format codes to customise their date formats. However, users can also create more bespoke date formats using the following operation if they so choose.
To start off, navigate to the Operations tab in your template. To start off, navigate to the Operations tab in your template. Then, click the blue + button.
2. A pop up menu will appear on the right. Rename your operation to your desired name and click "Rename operation".
3. To create the operation, click the "Add" button and select Date Format under Localisation, so that Date Format is in the top band.
4. Then click the word "Add" again and select the term Attribute. In the drop down list for the attribute, you can either select an existing Date attribute. Or, you can create a wholly new attribute.
5. Once you have done that, add a second argument using Text:
The code for month number is %m, the code for day number is %d and the code for the year number is %Y.
Arrange these codes in your preferred order. Ensure that there is a “/” between each code.
6. The operation should look similar to the image below. The example below shows an operation for the US Date format (MM/DD/YYYY).
7. Then go into the questionnaire and change the format of the question under the attribute Date to the Date question type.
8. After this, navigate back to the "Document" tab. Navigate to the Automation tab on the blue bar on the top and click the Operations icon. Select the relevant operation and click insert.
9. Your operation should now work! Click on the "Live Demo" to test it out by answering the relevant date question.